Posted on April 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM by Global Reach
Marvin Larson’s involvement in 4-H remains prominent even now that his own kids are no longer involved. For 24 years he has been an active Volunteer 4-H Leader of the Ceniteers 4-H Club. Marvin has served on the Jefferson County Extension Council for the past 9 years where he has served as Chairman and currently serves as Vice-Chairman. Marvin received the Jefferson County 4-H Honorary Member Award in 2004. Marvin Larson has demonstrated dedication, encouragement, commitment and guidance to Jefferson County 4-H’ers through the years.
Early 4-H Experience:
· Member of Buchanan Standard for 9 years
· Offices held: President & Vice-President
· Awards: Sheep Award
Marvin is married to Mary Larson. Mary, as well as their children, Darin and Brian, were 9 year 4-H members in the Buchanan Standard 4-H Club was very active at the county and state level.
ADULT 4-H INVOLVEMENT:
· Marvin has been an active 4-H Volunteer Leader of the Ceniteers
4-H Club for 24 years, even though his own kids are grown up.
· Marvin was elected to serve on the Jefferson County Extension Council for the past nine years, he has served as Chairman and presently serves as Vice Chair.
· Marvin has assisted with the Farm Safety Program at the Jefferson County Fair for many years.
· Marvin received the Jefferson County 4-H Honorary Member Award for 2004.