Posted on March 31, 2011 at 11:07 AM by Global Reach
Joyce Gauger of West Liberty in Muscatine County, is an advocate for 4-H and the youth who participate even long after her children have graduated out of the program. Her contribution to 4 H includes:
- Survivor of guiding her four very active children through the 4-H program in Muscatine County
- Club leader five years
- Served on Program Development Committee for 4 years
- Judged countless achievement shows, county fairs, and twice at the Iowa State Fair (her daughters even become fair judges and Joyce occasionally has the pleasure of judging with them)
- As a Master Gardener, she has shared her expertise with 4-H’ers through workshops and/or tours of her gardens
- Has served as a superintendent at the Muscatine County Fair for over 25 years.
- Serves a luncheon for 4-H judges each year
- Has been honored with the Honorary 4-H’er Award and Family of the Year Award in Muscatine County.
- Her children are still active in 4-H. Her two daughters are both club leaders and judge at county fairs. One son is a fair superintendent and the other is a new 4-H Foundation trustee.