Posted on March 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM by Global Reach
Janet was an active 4-H member of the DDD 4-H Club in Clinton County. Her favorite project when she was in 4-H was showing Angus beef cattle.
Janet was a 30-year leader of the Iowanna 4-H Club, served as an active member of the County fair board, active 4-H judge, and is a member of the organ donation committee.
Janet is married to J.C. Selby and they have two sons Mike and Mark, and two daughters Melissa and Melanie. They also have several grand children.
Some interesting projects that Janet has been involved in with 4-H include;
• Father/Daughter banquets
• Mother gifts each Christmas
• Supporter of the Club Show Olympics
• Senior Citizen Brunches for Community Service Project
• Adopt-a-highway litter removal
• Oakview Cemetery clean and mowing
• Decorated windows on Main Street in De Witt and displayed 4-H projects for National 4-H week.
• 4-H Fun Day on the J.C. and Janet Selby Farm. 55 young people and adults from the Quad Cities (most of them their first trip to the farm) thoroughly enjoyed the day. The 4-H’er provided games, crafts, horse back riding, hay rides, petting zoo, and lots of food. Very rewarding experience for all who participated.
• In August 1987 Janet received the “Meritorious Service Award” for her outstanding volunteer work for Clinton County 4-H.
The Iowanna 4-H Club is 60 years old this year (2003). Janet was a leader for 30 years. The 40th and 50th Anniversaries of the club were celebrated by inviting previous leaders, 4-H member and families and friends of 4-H to share memories and great times.