Butterhorn Dinner Rolls
From the Kitchen of: Abe Kuntz, Des Moines County Huron Jr. Farmers
4 ¼ to 4 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
¾ teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
1. In large mixing bowl stir together 2 cups of the flour and the yeast. In a medium saucepan heat and stir milk, sugar, butter, and salt just till warm (120 to 130 degrees) and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture to dry mixture along with eggs.
2. Mix well, using dough hook attachment. Then add the remaining flour, and knead for 2 minutes. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover, and let rise in a warm place till double. (About one hour)
3. Punch dough down, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Lightly grease baking sheet.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of the dough into a 12-inch circle. Spread with soft butter. Cut each circle into twelve pieces. To shape begin at the wide end of a roll, and lightly roll toward the point. Place point side down, 2-3 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets.
5. Cover and let rise in a warm place till nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
6. Bake in a 375-degree oven for 10 to 13 minutes or till golden. Immediately remove rolls from pans. Cool on wire racks. Makes 24 rolls.